SCR Screen Recorder Free
Android (4.0.3+, Rooted): Recording screen casts on Android can get a little tricky. Some apps only support certain devices, and all of them require root access. SCR Screen Recorder is one of the first that supports a broad array of devices, including Tegra-powered Android tablets like the Nexus 7.P
Once installed, fire up the app and tap the record button to start your capture. You can tweak the capture settings, like frames per second and screen resolution, and once your recording is complete it’s stored to your SD card. The app comes in two flavors, a free and a $6 “pro” version. The free version keeps your recordings to three minutes and applies an SCR watermark on your videos, while the pro version removes both of those limitations.P
The developers of the app point out that it’s in beta, and it may not work on all ROM and devices, but when we tried it out it worked like a charm, as long as you’re using a device with 4.0.3 or higher (although 4.3 doesn’t seem to be fully supported yet).
- Works only on rooted/jailbreaker/unlocked devices!
- Don’t install if your device is not rooted.
- Record great quality screencasts directly from your phone or tablet!
- SCR Screen Recorder uses hardware accelerated video encoding to achieve best quality screen recording on any device. It’s the only video recorder on the market supporting Tegra device including Nexus 7.
- With SCR Free you can record maximum 3 minutes screen casts and the SCR watermark is added to your video. Buy SCR Pro to get unlimited screen cast length with no watermark.
Get more more interesting article like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get daily new articles and updates to your email inbox.