Like we all know Pendrive is one of the most popular ways of sharing data between computers. We share lots of stuff like movies, song and other media from Pendrives. But sometimes we also share some sensitive information or media in Pendrives. We don’t want this information, and sensitive data goes in wrong hands.
In this post, I show you how you can secure, and Password protects your USB Pendrive in Window 10 PC. You don’t need to download any third-party software in your Window Computer for securing and Password protect your pen drive.
We use Bitlocker Drive Encryption tool in Window for encrypting and securing your Pendrive in Window PC. Bitlocker Drive Encryption is integrated software in all Window versions. So this trick works in Window versions.
- How to Encrypt File in Android with Military-Grade Encryption
- 10 Computer Tricks You Should Know Right Away.!!
How To Encrypt and Password Protect your Pendrive in Window 10 and 7
1. Right Click on your USB Drive in your Window Explorer and select Turn on BitLocker option.
2. In the next Window type the password for securing your Pendrive. Click on Next button.
3. Now Backup your recovery key. Click on Save to file and save your recovery key in text format on your Computer.
4. Select Encrypt entire drive(slower but best for PCs and drivers already in use) and click on next button.
6. Now your Pendrive Encryption process started in your Window 10 PC. This process takes some time so sit back and read this post.
When Encryption completes in your Window PC. Plugged out your Pendrive and again Plug-in your Pendrive in your PC.
When you Open your Pendrive in Computer. Your Window 10 asks you enter the password for opening Pendrive like this screenshot.
See More Pendrive Tricks:
- Lock and unlock your computer with a Pendrive [Hacker Style]
- Amazing Things You Can Do with Your USB Pendrive
- How to Install Windows 10 From Pendrive
Get more more interesting article like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get daily new articles and updates to your email inbox.