Want some Interesting Facts about Computer and Internet.
Today Here we collect 50 most interesting facts about Computers and Websites. I am sure you get some amazing knowledge from this article.
The 50 most interesting facts of computers
1. The first computer mouse was made with wood in 1964 by Doug Engelbart.
2. 30,000 websites are hacked every day.
3. The Dirty Dozen was the name of a 12 engineer’s group who developed the first IBM computer.
4. In 1939, the first electro mechanical computer was made/developed.
5. ENIAC was the first electronic computer which was weighed around 27 tons and it’s taken up space around 1800sf (square feet).
6. In 1979, the first of first hard disk/drive was made to store the user’s data and it could hold only data under 5MB.
7. I hope you are aware about viruses but do you know; more than 6 thousand viruses are made every month to make us fool.
8. Microsoft Windows, this is not an original name, the first original name was ‘Interface manager’ which was changed later.
9. More than 80% of the sent mails are spam on a daily term.
10. In 1980, the first hard disk was made to cover only 1GB of data and it was priced/rated of $40,000 means forty thousand dollars and its weighed was 550 pounds.
11. Most of people know that “who is bill gates”. Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft was a college drop out. Bill Gates house was designed Using a Macintosh computer.
12. 00000000, this was the password for the computer controls of nuclear missiles of the US for total 8 years
13. Only 8% of the world’s currency is real physical money, the rest only exists in computers.
14. In 2012 survey, more than 17 billion devices were connected to the Internet.
15. Around 1 million new domains are in the way to be registered in next month and this happens every month.
16. NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video card is built with 222 million transistors.
17. Around 20% of total online viruses are released by organized crime units.
18. IBM 5120, the heaviest and largest computer ever made which was weighed around 105 pounds without floppy drive of 130 pounds. The heaviest desktop computer ever made was IBM 5120.
19. Microprocessor for calculator, the first of first microprocessor made by Intel Company and it was the model 4004.
20. The companies HP, Microsoft and Apple seems to be friends because they all were started their business in a garage at first.
21. Computer is powered with human brain, it would be able to calculate more than 38 thousand trillion operations in a second and it can hold around 3580TB (terabytes) of memory.
22. TYPEWRITER, this is the longest word that you can type only using first row of alphabets in your keyboard.
23. Do you know what CAPTCHA is? I hope you know that but do you know this is the abbreviation of ‘Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart’.
24. The NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)’s computers were hacked and it caused 21 days of shutdown. This was done by a boy who was under 15 years old. He also hacked Pentagon Weapons computer.
25. In 1936, Russians were the first who made a computer that can be used in water.
26. Which one you using to browse the web Chrome, Firefox, Safari but in 1993, ‘Mosaic’ was the first popular web/internet browser.
27. Sweden, this is the country which is from the top most countries where highest 75% of peoples are Internet user.
28. Do you own a website or blog? ‘www.symbolics.com’, this was the first domain name ever.
29. There are around 1,319,872,109 peoples, currently using the Internet.
30. There are approximately more than 1.06 billion instant messaging id’s/accounts worldwide.
31. The first actual computer “bug” was a dead moth which was stuck in a harvard mark ll computer in 1947.
32. Tim Berners-Lee coined the phrase “World Wide Web” in 1990.
33. It’s really soo Shocking News. 80% of all pictures on the internet are of naked woman.
34. Guys it’s very shameful for all of you “About 1.8 billion people connected to the internet, only 450 million of them speak English.
35. Every minute, 10 hours of videos are uploaded on You Tube.
36. Amazon, originally a printed book seller company, now sells more e-books than printed books.
37. Did you know that email was already around before the World Wide Web came?
38. Google uses an estimated 15 billion KWH of electricity per year, more than most countries. However google generates a lot of their own power with their solar panels. Google estimates that the internet today contains about 5 million terabytes of data (1TB= 1,000GB), and claims it has only indexed a paltry 0.04% of it all! You could fit the whole internet on just 200 million Blu-ray disks.
39. It’s for a programmers, “Up until the 14th of September, 1995, Domain registration was free.”
40. Spending too much time online? If so, you’re not alone. For many people and users, all it takes is a desire to reduce consumption. For other users “it’s not that simple”.
41. You know that guys the average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
42. There was a computer worm that would gain access to Windows XP systems, download a patch from Microsoft to close the vulnerability that it used to infect the system, attempt to delete the infamous Blaster worm (if present) from the system, then delete itself.
43. The worst breach of U.S. military computers in history happened when someone picked up a memory stick (infected by a foreign intelligence agency) they found in the parking lot and plugged it into their computer, which was attached to United States Central Command.
44. 40-55% of all Wikipedia vandalism is caught by a single computer program with 90% accuracy.
45. In 2012, a hacker group named UGNazi took down the Papa John’s website because the company “took 2 hours longer than expected to deliver my food.”
46. elgoog.com(google backwards) has a huge following in China because elgooG search terms are printed in reverse, so users are able to perform Google searches without detection by the Chinese government’s search filters.
47. IMDb is one of the oldest websites on the internet, and began on Usenet in 1990 as a list of “actresses with beautiful eyes.”
48. Lenovo stands for ‘new legend’. ‘Le’ for legend, and ‘novo’ stands for new.
49. YouTube was founded by 3 former employees of PayPal.
50. The woman who rented her garage to Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998 when they were creating Google later became the CEO of YouTube .
Get more more interesting article like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get daily new articles and updates to your email inbox.