There are various articles available online that provide the information to install the Windows 10 from USB. However, we are here to give the best and most straightforward way if you are looking for a simple tutorial for installing Windows 10 through USB.
Things You Need to Prepare in Advance
- Windows 10 install.iso file or DVD
- A USB flash drive with 5GB free space
- A computer where you will format the USB flash drive
- The USB format tool (EaseUS Partition Master)
- Your new computer in which you will install Windows 10
How to Install Windows 10 From USB
Here you will get a step by step guide to get the information about how to install windows 10 from USB:
Step 1: Format the drive
- First, you have to connect the USB drive to your PC.
- Open the Disk Management ( Right-click on the start option and choose disk management)
- Now you have to format the partition (Right-click the USB drive partition and choose Format).
- Select the FAT32 file system to be capable of booting either BIOS-based or UEFI-based PCs.
- Mark the partition as active: Right-click the USB drive partition and click Mark EaseUS partition master as Active.
Note: If Mark Partition as Active is not available, then you can alternatively use disk part to choose the partition and consider it active.
Step 2: Copy the Setup (Windows) to the USB
- You can use file explorer for copying the complete files of the Windows product ISO or DVD to that USB.
Step 3: Installing Windows to the new PC
- First, you have to connect the USB with your new PC
- Now turn on the PC and press the key that starts the selection menu of the boot-device for the computer. (You can select Esc/F10/F12 as the start key). Select the boot option for booting PC from the USB flash drive.
- After the process, Windows setup starts
- Finally, remove the USB flash drive.
Troubleshooting Scenario of file copy fails
- This scenario occurs in case Windows image file is over the FAT32 file size limit of 4GB. So the solution is:
- You have to copy everything except the image file of Windows. (sources\install.wim) to the USB
- You can drag and drop, or use this command, so D: is the attached ISO and E: is the USB.
robocopy D: E: /s /max:3800000000
Now, you need to split the complete Windows image file into small files, and copy these small files in the USB drive:
Dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:D:\sources\install.wim /SWMFile:E:\sources\install.swm /FileSize:3800
Note: Setup of Windows will automatically install from these files, so you can name them as install.swm.
How to install windows by using a USB drive and Media creation tool
First, you need a licensed Windows 10 so that there are no errors or glitches occur while installing windows. Now, you have to download and create the Windows 10 installation media creation tool. Use the tool for installing Windows 10 from USB or Windows ISO file. Let’s See the instructions below:
Things you must consider
- An appropriate internet connection
- Sufficient storage on your computer, USB to download the tool
- An empty USB flash drive having 8GB of space for creating media
Note: In case the disc image file is too large when you burn a DVD through ISO file then you have to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
Creating Windows 10 Installation Media
- You have to download the tool and run it as an administrator.
- At the “What do you want to do?” screen, you have to select “Create installation media for another PC”, and then click on “Next”.
- Select the language, architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) and edition for Windows 10.
- At last, select media tool which you want to use:
- USB flash drive: You have to connect a new USB flash drive which has 8GB of space.
- ISO file: Save an ISO file to your computer, which you can use to create a DVD.
For Burning the Windows 10 ISO file in the DVD
- First, you have to find the location for saving the ISO file
- Right-click the ISO file > select “Properties” > click “General” > “Change” > select “Windows Explorer” for the program you want to use for opening ISO files and select “Apply”.
- Right-click the ISO files and select “Burn disc image”.
- In case you want to install Windows 10 on a different PC directly through an ISO file without using a DVD/ USB flash drive. You can do it by installing the ISO file. This can help you to upgrade your operating system to Windows 10
Mounting the ISO file
- Find the Windows ISO file by right-clicking it and select “Properties”.
- Click “General” > “Change” > select “Windows Explorer” for the program you want to use to open ISO files and then select “Apply”.
- Right-click the ISO files and then you have to select “Mount”.
- Open and check the ISO file. Now Double-click setup.exe for starting the Windows 10 setup.
- After creating the Windows 10 media tool, you can continue using steps below for installing Windows 10.
How to Install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool
- Connect the USB flash drive to your new PC
- Restart your PC and then boot your PC from USB. If not, you have to press a key (like F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) instantly after you turn on your PC for opening the boot menu and then change the boot order.
- Now you have to follow the on-screen instruction for completing the installation of Windows 10. Enter the license key when a pop-up window appears duration the installation
- After completing the installation, you have to make sure that all required drivers are installed.
- For checking updates, you have to select the start button
- Go to “Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates”.
This article consists of conventional ways of installing Windows 10 by using USB or Media creation tools. We know that it is not a short or easy task, but we have simplified the process for you. We recommend you to follow the instructions to achieve appropriate results.
People are also reading:
- YourPhone.exe Process in Windows 10
- Programming Languages for Hackers
- How to Install Windows 10 From Pendrive
- Download BlueStacks Offline Installer for Windows 7/8,8.1
- Download and Install all Popular Windows Software in Single Click
- Install ADB (Android Debug Bridge) in Windows
Get more more interesting article like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get daily new articles and updates to your email inbox.